While staying at the Navarre Beach Camping Resort, remember you are on the Emerald Coast, home to some of the world’s safest beaches. Travelers respect the beach’s delicate ecosystem and don’t want to spoil a beautiful vacation with fines or other mayhem.
The Navarre Beach Flag System
Each of the five flags mean something different:
- The purple flag can be raised with the other four but usually means a heavy saturation of floating jellyfish.
- The double red flag is for extreme conditions including severe weather or unusually strong rip currents. The water is closed to public.
- The single red flag indicates hazardous conditions such as high surf or strong currents.
- The yellow flag suggests moderate hazards and to enter the water with caution.
- The green flag tells everyone to enjoy the water with caution. Low hazard conditions exist.
Navarre Beach Regulations
Navarre Beach follows county regulations enforced by the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Department.
- No litter.
- No glass on the beach including glass containers and alcoholic beverages.
- No animals.
- No fires.
- No vehicles.
- No boating near the beach. Stay at least 700 feet from the Gulf shoreline.
The water is awesome, especially at Navarre Beach. Why are we drawn to it? Maybe JFK said it best:
“I really don’t know why it is that all of us are so committed to the sea, except I think it’s because in addition to the fact that the sea changes, and the light changes, and ships change, it’s because we all came from the sea.
And it is an interesting biological fact that all of us have in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears.
We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea – whether it is to sail or to watch it – we are going back from whence we came. Remarks at the Dinner for the America’s Cup Crews, September 14, 1962.”
About Navarre Beach Camping Resort
Navarre Beach Camping resort is the ideal place for your next Florida Gulf Coast vacation and make sure it includes a romp on Navarre Beach. Enjoy your great escape at one of the highest rated RV parks in the area. Book an RV site, furnished cabin or tent site at Navarre Beach Campground today at www.navbeach.com!